Band ScripFundraising While You Shop!
Introducing the South Harrison Band Scrip Program!
What is Band Scrip?
We’re pleased to share a great fundraising program for the South Harrison Band Boosters Association. It’s called “ScripNow” and it’s the fundraising program that works while you shop. ScripNow is a term we use to denote electronic gift cards from national and local retailers (choose from nearly 300 popular merchants- click here and under “Card Type” tick the “Scrip Now” box) they’re the electronic version of the very same gift cards that you’d buy at the store. Band Scrip is just another way to pay for everyday purchases using gift cards in place of cash, checks, and credit cards. How does it work? Well, it’s simple — scrip-participating retailers agree to sell these electronic gift cards to us at a discount ranging from 1.5% all the way up to 15% or more. You place orders for the electronic cards at full face value, you redeem them for full face value, but the Band Boosters Association gets the difference (from the discount) as revenue! Better yet, your Student earns a share of those profits. So with every purchase, band students earn revenue for both the Band Boosters and for your Student Ledger.
How Do I Start?
Three pretty simple steps, then you’ll be good to go.
- Just enroll online at ShopWithScrip.com. (Click on the Orange Box to the right). You’ll need the South Harrison Band Boosters Association’s Family Enrollment Code: 7877EAD148372. The signup will prompt you to set up username, password, and contact information.
- Then sign up for PrestoPay. (Click on the PrestoPay link on your Dashboard at ShopWithScrip.com.)
- Then complete and submit your signed South Harrison Band Boosters Scrip Enrollment form (click here for a copy).
Questions? E-mail us at Scrip@SouthHarrisonBand.org.
The beauty of ScripNow is that South Harrison families put our regular household shopping dollars to work and earn money for the Band Boosters without spending a single additional penny (well, okay, ACH costs fifteen cents. So, really…). We just spend our regular shopping dollars with scrip at the stores that participate in the Band ScripNow program! And scrip can be used for just about any household purchase including food, clothing, entertainment, gasoline, and dining out. Just by using scrip to pay for your normal weekly purchases, you can easily raise $500 or more per year. It’s time to put your shopping dollars to work! You can get South Harrison Band ScripNow for many nationwide stores (including online), including Wal-Mart, Lowe’s, Home Depot, amazon.com, Kohl’s, Target, Best Buy, Cabela’s, and Macy’s. And lots of local stores accept ScripNow. For example, here are some lists of the stores that participate in the ScripNow program (expand on the header to expand):
ScripNow Retailers at the Meadowbrook Mall
- American Eagle Outfitters/Aerie
- Bath & Body Works
- The Children’s Place
- Old Navy
- Outback Steakhouse
- Target (mobile ScripNow only)
- Toys “R” Us
Examples of Local Restaurants That Accept ScripNow
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Burger King
- Cracker Barrel
- Papa John’s
- Texas Roadhouse
Examples of Online Retailers That Accept ScripNow
- Best Buy
- L.L. Bean
- Those LL Bean Hiking Boots you’ve been eyeing up as a Christmas Gift sell for $149.
- OPTION ONE: You could buy them and put them on your credit card and you have the boots. But something seems missing, like you whiffed on a real opportunity to help your favorite band program. Plus you’ll have to pay the credit card bill in a month.
- OPTION TWO: You could log into your South Harrison Band scrip account, purchase $150 worth of LL Bean ScripNow– which has a 16% rebate– and order the boots. Now you have a great Christmas gift plus you’ve raised $24 for the South Harrison Band (30% for your Student Ledger and 70% for the Band’s General Fund). It cost you fifteen cents for the ACH transaction. No credit card bill. You feel gratified. Your gift recipient’s feet feel even warmer because of that. Talk about a Christmas Miracle!!
Enroll Online Today!Click the button below to enroll online at ShopWithScrip.com. You’ll need the South Harrison Band Boosters Association’s Family Enrollment Code: 7877EAD148372. The signup will prompt you to set up username, password, and contact information.
Advantages of Scrip
- Families don’t have to sell anything.
- It’s fundraising while shopping.
- What you get is worth what you pay- literally.
How Do I Pay?
You must sign up to use Presto-Pay™, a convenient way for your family to pay for RamBand Scrip on-line. Presto-Pay uses ACH, which is the same process used for direct deposit of your paycheck. Click here for a video on how to use PrestoPay. Click here for a step-by-step guide on setting up PrestoPay.
Is ACH Safe?
Yes, ACH Is very safe and secure! PrestoPay uses the same Automated Clearing House (ACH) process used for billions of transactions every year, including payroll direct deposit and Social Security. It’s been around since 1974 and has been used to process almost 22 billion transactions, so it’s well established and used by banks everywhere. Our vendor, GLSC, has been accepting ACH payments through PrestoPay since 2008, and has invested the time and money required to keep your accounts safe. ACH transactions are regulated by the Federal Reserve Bank and the Electronic Fund Transfer Act, and must follow rules established by NACHA, the Electronic Payments Association. Many times when you use a paper check, the merchant actually converts it electronically and processes it as an ACH transaction anyway.
What are All These Scrip Terms?
An online payment system for families placing orders on ShopWithScrip. PrestoPay uses the secure ACH debit process to electronically debit funds from your checking or savings account. Enrolling with PrestoPay provides an inexpensive and quick way to order Band Scrip cards online. PrestoPay offers advantages over ordering by paper/check and provides the most flexibility and fastest access to your scrip. Here are just a few advantages of signing up for PrestoPay:
- Add funds to your plastic gift cards overnight (“Reload”), or immediately (“ReloadNow”) so you have money available immediately and don’t need to order new cards;
- Order/purchase eCards with “ScripNow”, which are delivered to your account in minutes and can either be printed or copy/paste the code at checkout at retail venues; and
- Order and manage all transactions from your phone with “MyScripWallet”
Electronic gift cards are available from many of our retailers and can be ordered and printed from your ShopWithScrip account. The ScripNow eCard is delivered to your account in minutes when you pay for your order with PrestoPay – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Print the certificate and redeem it in stores, or copy and paste the code at checkout to apply to an online purchase.
You can also order and redeem ScripNow right from your phone using MyScripWallet.com.
Put fundraising at your fingertips! MyScripWallet.com is our mobile site for ShopWithScrip, supported on iPhone and Android devices. You can access the site by opening the browder on your phone and going to MyScripWallet.com. Login using your same ShopWithScrip username and password to place orders for ScripNow, Reload and ReloadNow. Also, redeem Scrip directly from your mobile device for retailers that allow it.
How Do I Use Student Ledger Credits?
You can use your Scrip credits (or any other fundraising credits on your Student Ledger) for music related expenses, as approved by the South Harrison Band Boosters Association. These include private lessons (less any Booster reimbursement), music camps, uniform rental, school sponsored band trips, solo & ensemble fees, etc. All you have to do is: pay the bill, fill out the Student Withdrawal Form and submit it, along with the associated purchase documentation, to the Band Boosters after the Director has signed it to approve the expense. Once approved by the Band Boosters, your reimbursement check will be mailed to you. NOTE: Reimbursement requests are limited to expenses incurred during the current school year and are subject to the final discretion of the Director of Bands.